Grounded

Grounded

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Eighty Ninth Post - Joy2


                   JOY
What was I thinking. Joy? 
REALLY
 My ONEWORD 2011.  
Imagine that. 

2011 is at the half way mark. Am I half way full of joy? There certainly have been circumstances that have added bits to my joy tank. But like currency it comes and goes. 

Deposit and withdrawal. At times the balance was overflowing; other times the account was almost depleted. Looking back to January's Post, I see that my wise comments indicated with much optimism that my joy was within. Does that ring true today? I'd have to say more yes, than no. Its roots are deep. Thankfully! 

There have been storms. They have shaken the trunk, whipped up the branches, truth  be told, there has been some reshaping of the outward. Looking inward, the roots are solid; growing deeper, a bit more solid. Joy is percolating; albeit deep, deep within.  This time of reflection is useful. A time to pause, to wonder...JOY...hmm. In fact I do believe I'm feeling a shift even as I write. 

"It doesn't interest me what you do for a living.
 I want to know what you ache for, 
and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing...
                  I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own,
 if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you
 to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, to be realistic, 
to remember the limitations of being human."

                               - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Clearly I'm not there yet, but I continue on the journey. How about you?
CLPCS



11 comments:

  1. Success, I'm told, is the quality of the journey.
    You may not have entirely reached the point of joy, but you are being successful.
    Blessings and Bear hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouraging word Rob. The quality has been excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is interesting, this idea of joy. Certainly I feel it daily, but not all day, moments really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ShannonAnn - I know what you mean. BTW, your Roxi looks like a big comfortable hug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful words - yours and Oriah Mountain Dreamer's. Joy comes and goes, that is for sure. This year has been up and down. A lovely trip to Mexico in February. My mother's passing in March. A week as a juror on an intense trial in April. May, a month of recovery. June, new beginnings, hope, those tingles of joy, if not yet here, coming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joy yes we have it and like waves the feeling ebbs and flows.
    sometimes leading you to the edge of insanity and sometimes to complete and utter peace and love.
    Its all good.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. John 15 verse 11. Jesus says, "I have spoken thus to you, so that my joy may be in you, and your joy complete.
    Verse 7-10 tells it like it is.
    Go check it out, you will be amazed.
    God bless you my friend, and may the joy of the Lord fill you from the tips of your toes to the crown of your head, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just trying to feel the Joy as it comes. Not an all day feeling but here and there it shows up, sometimes in the middle of ups&downs.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this and delighted to see this half part of the year has been a successful one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you joy and peace. It ebbs and flows for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like what you say here. To me, true Joy can be challenged, yet is unwavering. Joy can get one through difficult times, but not be defeated by them.


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  11. While it's true that joy comes and goes many times in a single day, it's always a wonderful surprise, a warm feeling when you simply feel it within or in a quiet, simple moment in an ordinary day. Thanks so much for a lovely and thought-provoking post!

    ReplyDelete